Currently switching between different Networks in XP is difficult. Unless we buy a thirty party tool it’s difficult to switch the profile. Here is the very simple solution to switch the profile in XP machine.
Save the Network Profile to a Text File
- Open a DOS shell with start -> run; then type cmd
- On shell use the following command netsh -c interface dump > c:\MyNetwork.txt
- Using the above method any number of profile can be created and saved to the local machine
Creating a Desktop Shortcut for the Created Profile
- On the Desktop Right Click New -> Shortcut.
- Enter "%windir%\system32\netsh.exe -f c:\mynetwork.txt" in the location.
- Enter a name for the shortcut. If want to change the icon, use the properties of the shortcut.